Crisp bread with yummy toppings
Crisp bread is so typical Norwegian breakfast food. Along side wholewheat bread and oatmeal.
I am a breakfast person and this photo shows what I had to eat this morning (what it does not show is the greek yoghurt with honey and nuts I had as “dessert”).
Crisp bread was for a long time considered the poor man`s diet and has been baked in the nordic countries since 500AD.
I like the rye type and as for topping – just go simple. Use what you have and preferably something fresh.
Some of my favorite combos are:
* Cream cheese+pepper bell stripes+cumin
* Cucumber+feta cheese+black olives
* Strawberries+rose pepper+mint leaves
* Avocado+black pepper+thin slices of lemon+chili flakes (photo)
* Tomato+Maldon salt+chia seeds+chives (photo)
Store your crisp breads in an air tight container. Preferably in a dark and cool place.
Air can make the breads a little sticky but by adding uncooked rice to the container you can prevent this, as the rice with “soak up” the humidity in the box.