BEETROOT & CHEESE FILLING FOR PASTA
Mia from Green Bonanza has challenged a group of Norwegian foodbloggers (Matbloggsentralen) to create a dish with beets. That is, this months theme is “Beets” and next month someone else in the group will set a new theme. It´s not a competition; just a fun challenge.
For you, the reader, it`s a great way to quickly get lot`s of inspiration on one topic and also to get to know new blogs. To make it easy for you I have made a list of great bloggers who participate this month. You will find the list below my recipe.
My contribution to this challenge is a beetroot filled agnolotti and here is the recipe:
For 4-6 persons as a first course serving you will need:
* 130 g pre-cooked Beetroot
* 200 g Cream Cheese, like Philadelphia
* 1 small Garlic clove
* Juice from 1/4 fresh Orange
* 2 tablespoons Gryere Cheese (or other hard cheese)
* Salt & Black Pepper, to taste.
* About 600 g Fresh Pasta Sheets (Either store bought or home made – Lot`s of recipes to be found online.)
HOW TO MAKE THIS DISH
Have all the ingredients in a blender or use a hand-mixer.
Blend everything real smooth.
Place the puréed blend in the fridge for at least one hour.
Roll out your pre-made pasta dough.
With a circular shaped dough cutter, cut out as many round shapes from the pasta as possible.
Fill each one with a small teaspoon of the beetroot mix.
Fold the round pasta piece over to make a half moon shape.
Take caution to make sure the filling does not spill out.
Press the ends (the arch) tightly together!
A good tip is to take a little water on one finger and run it along the dough area where the ends meet to form the arch.
Cook the agnolotti for 3-4 minutes in boiling, salty water.
Sprinkle with grated cheese right before serving.
Make a quick sauce for this dish by having the juice from the rest of the orange mentioned in the ingredients mixed with 1 good tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a small pan. Add one star anise and bring it all to a quick boil. Set aside to cool of and drizzle over the pasta before serving.
Links to other bloggers participating in the challenge:
* Simple Beetroot Salad – matmagi.no
* Rødmende Betefruer (dessert) – idefull.no
* Ovenbaked Beetroot Hummus – miasmat.no
* Beet & Berry Bowl – mynordickitchen.no
* White Pizza with Beets – kvardagsmat.no
* Spicy Beets and Chickpeas with Harissayoghurt – etkjokken.com
* Beetroot Salad with cheese cream and rye crumbles – sivbakerogsteiker.no
* Pizza with Beetroot and Chèvre – entusiastiskmat.no
* Beetroot Soup with Meatballs, Caraway and Dill – spiselandslaget.com
* Fried & Marinated Mangold – lisevonkrogh.wordpress.com
* Brownies with Beetroot and Dates – sunnerealternativ.no
* Chocolate Cake with caramelized Beetroot – godtsuntogbillig.blogspot.ch
* Beetroot muffins – kjoekkenmagi.no
* Beetroot Burger with Dill on top – greenbonanza.no
* Beet-Caprese – greta-g.no