Finding the right restaurant for the right occasion can be confusing to say the least.
To help us out local.ch and search.ch has joined forces and created a new restaurant-app called localgusto.
Luzern is first town out in testing with other places in Switzerland soon to follow.
I´ve tried localgusto out a few times now and find it quite helpful.
Let me tell you little about how it works:
* You set up your own profile with contact info for quick and easy confirmation of bookings.
* Then you choose what kind of food you prefer.
* You can search for a restaurant under categories such as “Great View”, “For a Date” or “On a Budget” just to name a few.
* Or you can browse the cuisine section “Italian”, “Seafood”, “Steakhouse”, “Pizza” and so on.
* Editors have also chosen a few articles to share for in depth info about certain restaurants.
* Each restaurant in the app is presented with very good contact info (phone, website, Facebook, address, directions and opening hours)
* It shows restaurant features and who the restaurant would suit.
* There is even an instant “Call now” button.
But you know that reading about an app and trying it out for yourself are two completely different experiences, so if you don`t have the app yet, you can get it right here: http://lcl.to/localgusto
Simone from local.ch and Dominik from Share & Eat had organized a pre-launch dinner and app presentation for bloggers in Luzern.
They had done a fabulous job in picking the right restaurant – of course using the localgusto app.
We arrived at Restaurant gartenHAUS 1313 by taxi, and was greeted by the ever friendly staff. We felt at home right away.
In decorating our table they had incorporated fun items like a small blackboard with a story-like introduction of all the guests, and our place cards were old iron keys with #localgusto on one side and our name on the other.
Then the food arrived in typical Gartenhaus1313 style where sharing is caring.
Tomato soup with vegetables.
Mixed salad with house made sauce.
Roasted beef with parmesan polenta and root vegetables.
|(Photos are taken with iPhone indoors with poor light
and hence the quality, but I still want to share some
impressions with you.)
In addition to learning about the localgusto app and eating delicious food, it was a real treat meeting the other Luzern based bloggers.
Top left: Nici – Nici`s Kochblog, Me, Caro+Tobi – Foodwerk.ch
Middle left: Cornelia – Einfach Wunderbar, Anne – Anne`s Leben (Youtuberin), Carina – I Am MetalHeart, Mary – Mary Miso
On the floor: Simone – local.ch, Dominik – Share & Eat