Cuisine: Creamy Celery Soup
Just delicious! This is one of my favorite soups both to make and to eat. Skip the bacon to get a lovely vegetarian dish.
- * 500 g celeriac, cut in small cubes
- * 2 small potatoes
- * 2 shallots
- * 2 scallions
- * 2 tbs butter
- * 6 dl vegetable broth
- * 2 dl white wine
- * 4 dl milk
- * Salt
- * Cayenne pepper
- * 200 g bacon, cubes
- * 2 apples, cubes
- * 1/2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- * Fresh Thyme
- * Extra Virgin Oliveoil, to sprinkle
- Start the broth.
- Peel and cut the celeriac and potatoes in evenly pieces.
- Cut the shallots and scallions.
- Place onions in a pan with the butter, celeriac and potatoes.
- Quickly fry the vegetables on high heat while stirring.
- Lower the temperature.
- Add the broth and white wine and let it simmer for 15
- Purée in a blender or with a mixer.
- Rinse out the pan and pour the puréed mix in.
- Add the milk and let it simmer till it get`s the desired
- consistency. If it gets too thick add a little water.
- Add salt and cayenne, to taste.
- While the soup is simmering prepare the gremolata.
- Crispy roast the bacon in a frying pan.
- Towards the end add the apples, pinch of thyme and
- Let it simmer for about two minutes.
- Set aside.
- Plate the soup in bowls and topp with bacon + apple
- Make a circle with extra virgin oliveoil and sprinle over
- some thyme.