Try something new! This mango salad is so tasty and special. You`re going to love it.
Time 30 min.
What you need:
* 4 ounces mixed baby salad greens
* 1 large ripe, firm mango, peeled and diced
* 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup golden raisins
* 1 cup boiling water
* 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons malt vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
* 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
* 1 fresh green Thai, serrano or small jalapeño chile, stemmed and finely chopped
* Salt to taste
What you do:
Place raisins and boiling water in a small bowl.
Let soften for 30 minutes.
Drain and transfer the raisins to a blender.
Add oil, vinegar, cilantro, ginger, chile and salt.
Puree, scraping the sides as needed, until smooth.
Set aside 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
Place greens in a large bowl and toss with the remaining dressing.
Divide among 4 plates.
Place mango and bell pepper in the bowl and add the reserved tablespoon of dressing and toss to coat. Top the greens with the mango mixture. Serve immediately.
This fresh and delicious salad was inspired by eatingwell.com