What you need:
* 1 low-sodium chicken bouillon cube
* 3 Tbsp / 45 ml apple cider vinegar
* 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
* 1 inch ginger, sliced thick, slices halved
* Pinch chili powder (optional)
* ½ white onion, diced
* 1 large sweet potato, cut into larger pieces
* Additional vegetables, as desired
* 1 lb / 454 g white fish, sliced into larger pieces
What you do:
Fill a large pot about halfway with water.
Add bouillon cube.
Heat to boiling, then lower temperature to medium low to simmer.
Add apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and chili powder.Meanwhile, chop onion and sweet potato.
Add to pot once it is simmering.
Add any additional vegetables as desired. Cover pot.Let simmer about 20 minutes. The liquid in the soup will taste acidic at first, but as the sweet potato cooks and incorporates into the soup, the sweetness will take away some of the acid.Once the sweet potato and additional veggies are cooked, add white fish. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, or until fish flakes readily.Remove chunks of ginger and serve. Can be eaten the next day as well.