I got this idea from Martha Stewart and her tips on homemade gifts.
What you need:
* 1 cup unsalted butter, plus more for baking sheets
* 3/4 cup corn kernels (Maiskörner)
* 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil (Rapsöl)
* 2 cups raw almonds
* 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
* 1/2 cup light corn syrup (Maissirup)
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (Backpulver)
What you do:
Preheat oven to 120° C (250° F). Butter 2 rimmed baking sheets; set aside. Place corn kernels and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat; cover. Once kernels begin to pop, shake pot frequently; when popping slows to about 3 seconds between pops, remove from heat; uncover. Transfer to a large bowl. Add almonds; toss.
Cook sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring.
Remove from heat. Stir in extracts, salt, and baking soda. Pour over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Divide between prepared sheets. Bake, stirring occasionally, 1 hour 20 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.
When cooled off, fill popcorn into pretty see-through bags and tie with a nice ribbon.
Write a small label with content.
Your gift is ready to go.